NOTE: Originally published in April 2010. Reposting it here on Life’s A Dish.
I was craving for homemade taho the other day when my brother told me that his wife (my SIL) made taho for their snacks at home. I thought to myself, what better way to while away the time while I’m recovering but to make my own taho?
So off to Google I went and found this easy peasy recipe, big thanks to Panlasang Pinoy!
- 22 ounces extra soft tofu
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup uncooked tapioca pearls
- 4 ½ cups water
- Pour 4 cups of water in a cooking pot and bring to a boil.
- Put-in the tapioca pearls and cook for 40 minutes in medium heat. (I think I boiled my tapioca pearls more than 40 minutes as they were still hard! But best to get those already pre-boiled)
- Add ¼ cup brown sugar and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and let the tapioca pearls sit on the cooking pot until room temperature is achieved. Set aside.
- Heat a saucepan then pour-in ½ cup of water.
- Put-in 1 cup of brown sugar once the water starts to boil. Mix well and simmer for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Transfer the extra soft tofu in a glass or mug then heat in a microwave oven for a minute. (I used a bowl instead of a glass or mug)
- Top the extra soft tofu with the cooked tapioca pearls and sweet syrup.
- Serve warm.
Share and Enjoy!